Below you will find information on the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Listserv: Behavioral and Social Science Research Systems Science. This listserv is especially relevant to the Agent-Based Modeling community.
Disclaimer: The posting of information for accessing the Behavioral and Social Science Research Systems Science Listserv does not in any imply that NIH endorses www.agent-based-models.com
Dear new members of the Behavioral and Social Science Research Systems Science Listserv,
WELCOME! I (Patricia L. Mabry) am writing to give you some brief background on what this list is about and what you can expect.
- The listserv owner is Patty Mabry, Ph.D. of the Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research (OBSSR) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Patty will be responsible for content posted to this list.
- Contrary the automatically generated instructions you may have received, this listserv has ONE-WAY communication only. That is, postings to the list can be made by the list owner (Patty), but members cannot themselves post to the list. Therefore, this is more of an announcement posting sort of resource and not a discussion type of list. If you have an item you would like to have posted, send it to me and I will consider it for posting. Not all items submitted are accepted for posting.
- The main purpose of this listserv is to keep you informed of events/news at NIH/CDC related to the overlap between systems science methodologies, behavioral and social sciences research, and health. Lectures and articles of interest, training opportunities, and funding announcements are the sorts of things posted.
- Note that only the listowner may add new subscribers. If you or a colleague would like to subscribe to this list, simply email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with full contact info, including name, title, degree, institutional affiliation, department, discipline, email address, and phone number, and if at all possible a brief description of your educational background and current professional interests. Due heavy email volume requests can sometimes be missed. If you do not receive confirmation within 2 weeks of your request, kindly resubmit it.
- To view the BSSR_SYSTEMS_SCI-L archives, point your browser to: https://list.nih.gov/archives/bssr_systems_sci-l.html You may select a month to see all notices posted that month, or you can search the archives.
- If you do *NOT* wish to be on this list – You may unsubscribe from the list at any time by sending a “SIGNOFF BSSR_SYSTEMS_SCI-L” command to LISTSERV@LIST.NIH.GOV.
- Please contact Patty Mabry (email@example.com (301) 402-1753) if you have questions or comments relating the list.